Slideshow

Monday, February 23, 2009

Catching Up

Last weekend was a lot of fun. Friday we had a ward party that included a service auction and chili cook off. There were probably 20-25 different chili entries. All the ones I tried were great. My favorite was a white chili with chicken. It was really different, but had tons of great flavor.

Most of the day Saturday I spent working on a talk for sacrament meeting. Kevin (the Bishopric member who asked me) gave some ideas and scriptures to help get me started. The focus was "Forgiveness" and as I prepared and prayed I ended up talking about unity as well. I'll include some notes, scriptures and stories from my talk in a later post.

We went to dinner at Red Robin with our friends Dan and Kim (and 2 of their 3 kids). Then we went to play volleyball with some friends.

Sunday mostly consisted of church, choir and dinner with my sister Sarah and her fiance Austin. We had fajitas and played Rummikub (reminded me of family vacations at Uncle Larry's).

No comments: