Slideshow

Monday, October 20, 2008

Home Improvements

Since I've already posted about the BYU game and some other things from the end of last week, I thought everybody would get a kick out of our recent home improvements. I can't remember if I mentioned this before, but our insurance changed. Adrienne's MS shots went from $500/refill to $30/refill. This basically means that we have a ton of extra money in our cafeteria plan. To use up the funds we had our doctor write notes recommending regular exercise and bought some equipemnt. Our unfinished basement now has a treadmill, exercise bike, and weight bench.

Also, I was successfull in my front door peep-hole experiment. Our front door is metal with a foam core. The peep-hole I purchased needed a 9/16" bit to cut the spot in the door. Unfortunately, the only bit that I could find that size (in 3 hardware stores) was specifically for wood. It was a speed bit or paddle bit (depending on what you call it). I decided to tempt fate and risk ruining the door. It actually cut through it like butter. Score 1 for Jason and Adrienne.

The last home improvement for last week was in our back yard. One of our neighbors decided to put in a fence, so we now have half a fence in our back yard. It looks great, and we split the cost with our neighbor so we each paid half.

I know these don't sound quite as fun as our normal posts, but they were fun for us. It always feels good to get things accomplished. I get a kick out of putting things together. When I was a kid, that meant GI Joes or Transformers. Now that I am an adult, it means treadmills and exercise bikes. Putting them together is half the fun.

No comments: