Slideshow

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Knee Recovery and Priest Man-to-Man

It's been another few weeks since the last post so I should catch everyone up on a few things. My knee is doing much better. I've been riding an exercise bike for 1/2 hour a few times a week. I'm fine going up and down stairs and feel good doing most activities. I'm still not allowed to run (1 more week) or jump (4 more weeks). I can't wait to finally get back to my normal sports.

This last weekend we had our bi-annual Man-to-Man activity. Basically it is a huge father and son outing for all the priests (16-18 year old boys) in our stake. We went up the canyon to a camp area and stayed overnight. Friday night we had dutch oven prime rib (3 varieties) as well as potatoes, veggies, cobbler, ice cream...all kinds of yum. To finish off the evening we had a great fireside program. In the morning (after a great breakfast), we gave the youth and dads a chance to compete against each other in some shooting sports (rifles, pistols, and shotguns). The shotgun competition was the most organized. We had an elimination game with 5-6 at a time. Then we took the winners of each group and had a championship round. I snuck through my first round against some less than accurate shooters but got in some valuable practice. When it was time for the championship I surprised everyone by winning the whole thing! Pretty good for someone who hasn't shot a shotgun in about 7 years. They were even throwing types of skeet I'd never seen before. They had regulars, minis, mosquitos (very small and black), battues (very flat and black), and even a lollipop thrower. All in all it was a great time for everyone and we had a blast putting it together.

My mom had surgery this week. Nothing too serious and she is recovering well. She has a young man from the neighborhood coming by to help walk the dogs and help her out as needed.

Well, I hope all my friends and family had a great Fathers' Day. Take care and hopefully we'll keep up on this blog better in the weeks to come.

No comments: