Slideshow

Friday, January 29, 2010

BYU Volleyball and Physical Therapy

On my birthday, Adrienne gave me a "Voucher" that promised she would take me to a BYU Volleyball game. Last Friday she made good on the promise and we went to see the BYU vs Stanford game. It was a blast. We got there early and were able to sit right on the baseline. Normally we are in the first or second row by the net, but this offered a whole new perspective. You could see just how much the ball moves on those rocket jump serves. The best part was that BYU won!!!

I've been doing physical therapy for right knee tendinitis over the past 3 weeks or so. My therapist believes in "soft tissue remodeling" to help build your body back the way it needs to be. It's truly not a pleasant experience, but it does seem to help. Also there are exercises and stretches that I do to help the overall process. The good side of enduring the physical therapy is that I am now able to play volleyball again, but I have to stop if it hurts again. If you want to get an idea of what I'm talking about...do a google search on ASTYM or Graston physical therapy (two different ways to do the "soft tissue remodeling"). I don't think you can understand just by seeing it online just how unpleasant, and painful, it is.

No comments: