Slideshow

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Catching up part 2 - Uncle Larry

I don't remember if I mentioned this in a previous post or not, but my Uncle Larry has been having serious health problems. All of his siblings (my dad's side of the family) and family have gathered as he will be passing soon. He has declined further treatment and feels that it is time to go. They are counting the hours now rather than weeks or even days. Uncle Larry's family was the one that I knew the best growing up. We'd see them every year or so for Thanksgiving or Christmas. He was always ready and willing to spend time with the kids and had a ready laugh. He and Aunt Margaret opened their home to foster children when they couldn't have any more themselves and I think they ended up adopting most of the ones that they had in their care. He is a good man and he will be missed. Please keep him and his family in your prayers.

No comments: